Sunday, February 21, 2010
Castle in the Sky
This was my second time watching this movie and I concentrated a little more on the parallelism between Sheeta and the Mama character. I think they are both portrayed similarly although at first the Mama character looks tough and non-appealing. A lot of times in the film even the characters state the similarity or say that Sheeta will grow up to become like Mama. I don’t think that is the wrong assumption (although I don’t think she will become a pirate) because I think Sheeta has Mama’s adventures spirit. When she grows up she can indeed become similar to Mama and have a lot of adventures with Pazu. At the beginning of the movie the parallelism is drawn in the cut where Sheeta is about to hit a man with the bottle and then it cuts to Mama firing a gun. The scene indicates that Sheeta hit the man and when we go back to the room where Sheeta was, we see that indeed she hit him. When Pazu and Sheeta go to the pirate ship Mama is not mean to them at al, but seems to be happy that she has them on the boat. She is entertained by the children’s relationship and looks a little nostalgic about them. In her room on the ship we can indeed see a picture of her when she was young and she resembles Sheeta a little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment